Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas in Kitwe

Did my Christmas Eve shopping this morning; main purchase was a couple of big bunches of Gloriosa Superba lilies, the national flower of our neighbour, Zimbabwe.  I'll add a photo I took of these if the upload speed monster in my dongle agrees.
All is ready for Christmas: the pool cleaned, the floors swept, big tent erected on the cut lawn for 'midnight' Mass as the chapel only holds 50 and may more are expected.  As Mass will be at 20.00, after dark, the tent is to keep off possible heavy rains as we are well into the rainy season. I  remember to put some insect repellent on my ankles, the usual site of insect attention.  A long skirt too?
We had our household plus visitors Christmas lunch yesterday: turkey and all the trimmings followed by an American apple pie baked by an English woman in  Africa.  Despite its mixed nationalities, it tasted good with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment