Sunday 23 September 2012

retail therapy

Yesterday we were given a lift to Manda Hill shopping Mall where I found a bargain mobile for ZK 63,000, equivalent of about £8, to use with my Airtel (Zambia) sim card. Lots of things available, bought some hair slides to keep my hair, wild because of the dry air, in its place (on my head, fairly neat), some notebooks, ice cream and some tonics for our gin (Hurrah, now we have gin, tonic, ice and lemon- a great victory)
7 hours (7am) Mass very lively with excellent song and dance.  Music in Nyanja (local language) but Mass prayers and readings in English.  The church (of our Lady) is being extended as there's insufficient room, even with two Masses; fund raising concert in Lusaka next Saturday, tickets ZK100,000.
Everyone friendly and accepting with apparent pleasure my faltering attempts to communicate in Nyanja- keep breaking into the tiny bit of Tonga (from my time in Southern Province) which causes general amusement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment